WHAT IS CUFLA?
The Canadian University Field Lacrosse Association (CUFLA) celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2014. From humble ‘club’ beginnings, to varsity level teams in 2013, the league has come a long way in the last three decades, where the competition is intense and continues to improve each and every year. Moreover, recruiting efforts span North America as many U.S. born student-athletes are choosing to compete in Canada’s most competitive field lacrosse league. Many alumni play both professional field lacrosse and have won gold playing for Team Canada. The season culminates with the Baggataway Cup, the final six of Canadian University Lacrosse.
WHICH UNIVERSITIES HAVE TEAMS?
- Bishop’s University - Lennoxville, Quebec
- Brock University - St Catharines, Ontario
- Carleton University - Ottawa, Ontario
- University of Guelph - Guelph, Ontario
- Laurentian University - Sudbury, Ontario
- McGill University - Montreal, Quebec
- McMaster University - Hamilton, Ontario
- Nipissing University - North Bay, Ontario
- University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ontario
- Queen’s University - Kingston, Ontario
- Trent University - Peterborough, Ontario
- University of Toronto - Toronto, Ontario
- University of Western - London, Ontario
- Wilfred Laurier University - Kitchener, Ontario
ARE THE TEAMS VARSITY?
CUFLA teams range from fully funded varsity programs under the direct supervision of their athletic departments to intercollegiate club teams.
ARE THERE SCHOLARSHIPS?
Academic scholarships are available at all institutions, but there are currently no athletic scholarships.
WHO’S ELIGIBLE TO PLAY?
CUFLA follows Ontario University Athletics (OUA
slot ปลาทอง_แอพเกมสล็อตฟรี_วิธี สุ่ม แจ๊ ค พอ ต สล็อตscr888_ไปคาสิโนปอยเปต_slotxo download
CUFLA feels that field lacrosse and indoor lacrosse are two different and distinct sports. The game play and rules are different. Therefore, National Lacrosse League players are permitted to compete in CUFLA competitions.
Over 60 current or former CUFLA players have played in the NLL.